The Chicago area has emerged as a major launching pad for startup firms in recent years.
- Chicago startup firms raised more than $1Billion in funding in 2013
- Venture funding increased by 4% in Q4, 2013
- Chicago is ranked 9th (and growing) on the list of metropolitan areas whose firms raised the most venture capital.
Softstar has a proven track record of serving startup firms – both venture funded and independently financed – as a technology partner. We understand that expertise in "leading edge" technologies, speed to market and cost are key drivers for such firms. Our technical orientation, agile development approach and global delivery model help meet these objectives.
- Mobile Instant Coupons – Complete application that allows merchants to offer discount coupons to be redeemed immediately, as way of improving yield. Merchants can target customers in specific locations. Users can view restaurants offering deals within specific distances on their smartphone and avail of them immediately.
- Web Properties in the Japanese market – Multiple Web 2.0 sites tailored for the Japanese market. These include a gossip site and a transactional site that allows users to buy/sell in a manner similar to Craigslist with features that are unique to urban markets (e.g. specifying location relative to train stops).
- High End Fashion Accessories – Magento based site for high profile, venture funded startup.
- Test prep across mobile and desktop platforms – Custom engine developed using JQuery and server side Java scripting (i.e. node.js) to automate deconstruction of ePub format publications and serve over mobile devices
- Big Data and Analytics – multiple big data and analytics projects using Hadoop, Hive, Mahout etc. for startup client